A manifesto by Seth Godin, as a part of his educational venture altMBA.
- You are more powerful than you think.
- It’s bigger than you.
- Leaders are made, not born.
- Leveling up is a choice.
- They say you can’t, we know you can.
- Dance with fear.
- See, assert, change.
- Overwhelmed is temporary.
- Out loud, in public.
- Hard work is far better than busy work. The crowd is wrong. The critics are wrong. Useful feedback is precious.
- Management matters. So does leadership.
- “Here, I made this.” Or possibly, “Here, we made this.”
- See the end before you begin the journey.
- Culture defeats everything.
- It’s personal.
This list is just a summary. Do yourself a favor, click here, and read the complete manifesto, it’s a gem.
P.S. I’m rereading this manifesto at the beginning of every month. I want to remind myself of those ideas and make them integral to the way I do my work.